RC cars are ‘remote controlled’ or ‘radio controlled’ cars which are mostly used as toys. Today’s RC cars are mainly radio-controlled cars as they are controlled by a radio-frequency connection. There is a remote control device that sends radio signal to an antenna connected with the car. A person can control the car by using the controller device and drive it anyhow he/she wants. RC cars are installed with gasoline or electric motor system; both of them have on-road and off-road variables. These cars are used by both kids and adults for fun. Nowadays they have become a very popular gift item as well.
Top 5 Best RC Cars Under 100
Hosim Electric RC Car
If you are searching for the best high speed off-road RC car, Hosim RC car can be the choice for you. This is an amazingly fast hobby grade car with 33 mph speed. 2.4 GHz radio system and 260 feet range can give you the top-quality controlling experience. It is mechanized with powerful electric brush 390 motor which ensures strong power to the car. The body and wheels of this car has specially designed for better off-road performance. Hosim RC car’s sensitive throttle system and acceleration makes it jump and land perfectly on hilly surface. With the semi-waterproof feature, you can run it in almost all weather. It has got antiskid PVC rubber wheels so that you can drive it smoothly. As an all-terrain RC car, it can be operated in sand, grass, wet mud and marshy land. This high quality hobby grade RC car comes at a very reasonable price.
Novcolxya 1/18 Scale Off-Road RC Car
Novcolxya 1/18 scale off-road car is a wonderful RC car with great power and speed. The four-wheel drive system with independent suspension makes the car a solid piece while driving off-road. It can be operated both indoor and outdoor without any risk of damage because of its heavy duty chassis and protective film over body. This Novcolxya model is an all-terrain drive car which can give you the advantage of driving it in any kind of surface. The responsive throttle and steering ability will give you the best controlling adventure. Its bright LED lights simulate the actual car driving. The GP brushed 380 motor has an overheat protection and combined with a powerful 7.4V 850mAh Li-Po in-car battery. The car can run at 20 mph at top speed. The stylish design of this car is a prime attraction for everyone. This car can be a great choice for the beginners.
Babrit F9 Monster Truck
The Babrit F9 monster truck is something worth the money you have to spend for it. The truck doubles your fun as it is suitable for both indoor and outdoor. The controller is enabled with 2.4 GHz radio signal transmitting system, a 100-meter range and superior grip which makes you super comfortable with it. The powerful 390 brushed motor can speed the car up to 50 km/h. The shock suspension system gives the truck better protection than other RC cars. It runs smoothly on earth, grass, sand and similar surfaces. The solid radio system provides anti-interference facility that gives you the chance to compete with several other cars. The shell is made of sturdy plastic materials and the differential gears are made of metal. The car’s acceleration is excellent. It can gain full power in just a moment. This can be a very good choice for you under 100.
Babrit Master RC Car
For a good starter truck for RC enthusiasts, Babrit Master RC Car is an exquisite option. The car is a 1:18 full proportional off-road vehicle with a powerful motor. It can top up to 50 km/h speed. Its independent shockproof system gives you the ultimate vibration protection. The remote control system comes with 2.4 GHz radio frequency and a 150 meter wide control range. The radio technology is also enabled with anti-interference system. The tough and explosion-proof PVC shell gives the whole car a layer of extra protection. The wheels are made of high quality rubber and are anti-skid. This RC car runs on ground, grass or sand. The super realistic SUV design makes it a really cool toy to play with. This car is assembled and so you can just charge it and start having fun. The superfast Babrit Master RC Car will cost you not much and it’s totally worth the money.
NextX 1/12 2WD Off-Road Monster Truck
NextX brings to you the supreme RC car under $100. The features of this car will definitely amaze you. The 390 brushed motor will give you the joy of driving the car at 35+ mph. The control range is 100m so that you can operate it from a far distance. The car’s functions are very durable and satisfying. It can maneuver easily with s-truck suspension technology while driving forward/backward or left/right. The drive system is 2WD but its excellent motor can power it enough for running on tough surfaces . The charging system prevents overheating, overcurrent and overcharging so that your device stays safe. The 2 pcs 800 mAh lithium-ion battery ensures the longevity of performance. The car is water-resistant and it will give you a great off-road experience. Reliable customer service is guaranteed with the product. This RC car can be a great choice for both children and adults
Consider These Factors When Buying a RC Car
- When buying a RC car, the first thing you should consider should be what type the car will be: on-road or off-road. On-road cars are built to drive on flat, concrete surface. You can find race cars and other real-looking cars on-road. On-road cars are better for them who likes speed and know how to control the car. On the other hand, off-road cars can run on various kinds of terrain like sand, grass, mud, marshy surface etc. You can rough use it. Decide what type you want before buying. For the beginners, it is better to start with an off-road RC car.
- See if the car has got a powerful battery or not. There can be two types of batteries found for RC cars: Li-Po and Ni-MH. Li-Po batteries are powerful and they can give long performance. Ni-MH batteries are cheaper and safer. To get the best result from your RC car, a Li-Po battery should be the right choice.
- Are you buying for an adult or a children? Some cars are specially designed for children while some are only for adults. Don’t give a children a car that he/she will not be able to handle safely. There are several models that are equally suitable for both adults and children. So, choose the correct car for the correct person.
- Choose the right scale of your car. 1/10 scale vehicles have the largest set of variables. But you can choose bigger scales if you love big cars.
- There can be two types of RC car motors: electric motors and gas motors. An electric motor is highly recommended because it is cheap, clean and fast. Electric motors require less maintenance and they are better for home use. Gas powered motors make the cars more complex and these are expensive too. You need to buy gas often and it can be irritating.
- Vehicles can either be 2WD or 4WD. 2WD cars are cheap and requires less maintenance. 4WD cars are easier to handle and they are the best as off-road vehicles. So, you have to decide which one you want for yourself.
Lastly, the brands. There are different brands of RC cars out there in the market. The most popular brands are Traxxas, HPI, Losi, Team Associated, Duratrax, Tamiya etc. You can choose from these popular brands because they are trusted by many customers. If you want to buy from a less popular brand, make sure you are well aware of their products’ features and service policies. RC cars can be a thriller to anyone; be he/she an adult or a child. Anyone can enjoy the experience of driving a car just by handling a remote control. The realistic features and design have made it a super cool toy to play with. There are a huge collection of different types of RC cars in the market. Our RC car reviews will give you a better idea of what car you should buy as a beginner. So, don’t hesitate and grab one quickly!